Evening Meal Recipe 41/365
Here’s a simple evening meal recipe that you can whip up in less time it takes to order a deliveroo.
Panfried Chicken and Sweet Potatoes.
1 Medium (170g) Chicken Breast
1/2 cup cubed Sweet Potato
1/2 Cup Beans Green (snap beans)
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
Note: you can opt for regular white potato too! Your preference.
1. Preheat the oven to 220 ° C
2. Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces with the skin on.
3. Top and tail the green beans.
1. Place the potatoes onto a baking tray with a tbsp of olive oil and mix to coat. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper and cook near the top of the oven for about 15 minutes until tender and crispy
2. To butterfly the chicken, slice the chicken through the middle horizontally, cutting almost to the other side. Open it like a book.Place the chicken breast between cling-film and gently beat with a rolling pin until about 1cm thick.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat ½ a tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle over the paprika along with a pinch of salt and pepper over the chicken and cook in the pan for about 4 minutes on each side until cooked through/no longer pink in the middle.
4. Steam the green beans in a small amount of water (1/2-inch of water) for 3-5 minutes until tender but crisp.
5. Serve the chicken on top of the potatoes and green beans.
You will get about 480-500 calories in this recipe. Cook double and have one prepared for lunch or dinner the next day.
Macros: Protein 41g, Carbs 21g, Fat 25g